Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Kiddos

I've not written much about the children here despite spending the majority of my days with them. I think mostly because I cannot allow myself to look at them as victims. I know them as the kids that they are in the present. I do my best to just be present, and not think of the circumstances that brought them to this place. Every once in a while though, the kids will cry in such a way that reminds me. I remember Lynne always saying how differently children grieve, and how a scrape of a knee cry can quickly turn into a I miss my family member cry. I am pretty sure I've heard this cry now. The sound is haunting.

2 comments:

  1. Annnnd this gave me this chills. Thankfully they have people like you looking out for them. XOXO

    (Despite signing in as myself it still says I'm TC...idk... <3 Nicole)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an awesome human being Titi...

    ReplyDelete