Monday, July 30, 2012

19 May 2012

I am writing from Uganda. When I wrote my bucket list last November, one of my goals was to visit Africa. Little did I ever imagine that it would be checked off six months later.

This is definitely an experience that I know is gigantic, but I also know will take a long time in recovery. Nothing that I have seen so far has shocked me. I have seen these things on television and read about them in textbooks. However, there is also a deep sense of sadness that these things do exist. It is a much different thing to decide to live a certain way and to have no choice. In a world that has so much amazing, it is incredible to see the other side of it. Yet, spirits are high and people are kind. I think that is what I will learn most, our shared ability to love and be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment