Sunday, May 6, 2012

So I just can't go to Uganda?

Before I go into my post topic, I wanted to answer a new question I received last night.  Sara Levenstein wanted to know my thoughts about Uganda's gazelle situation.  I honestly knew nothing about the gazelle situation in Uganda, so I told Sara that I would look into it and get back to her.  After some research, I feel comfortable saying "some seem to reside in Northern Uganda, but I don't know if it's an actual situation"  I feel like there is some sort of Jersey Shore joke here, but for the sanctity of gazelles, I will refrain.

So, you can't just buy a plane ticket to Uganda and start your travels.   There a few things to do beforehand in order to go:

Immunizations:


 I had to get seven! Most were boosters from childhood, some were brand new, six of them went in my arm and one went up my nose.  In the days following, I had a fever, aches, swollen glands, and broke into hives for two days.  All during the last week and a half of the semester.  My timing, like always, is impeccable.  Malaria pills start next week, and will be taken every single day until the end of August.

VISA:

This one caused most anxiety.  Having my passport out of my possession for almost two weeks so close to my depart was a bit nerve-wracking.  But luckily it got here yesterday.  Add on some international health insurance and everything is set paperwork wise.

10 more days to go!


2 comments:

  1. You know if she hadn't homewrecked Tom Brady and Bridget Moynihan there would be no issues ... oh, gazelle not Gisele, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't wait to see Roli-mania hit Uganda like an earthquake! Roli-shrines popping up all along the country-side, rural roads, caves & open plains. All night vigils & the eternal Roli-flame. The Roli-religion! And, the ultimate in television drama & must see TV!!! Will the contestants feed themselves to the lions? Find out next week on Survivor Roli-Uganda!

    ReplyDelete